This is a great documentary by the film-maker Simona Piantieri, which I contributed to. I think she gets a great range of voices who actually provide an insight into the building. I think I’ve modified my views on it as a consequence of watching. It helped me see beyond Renzo Piano’s spin to appreciate what a great building it might actually be.
- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- RT @David_TBC: A highly entertaining 'dummies' guide' to English football from the New York Times ... nytimes.com/2013/05/21/spo… 12 hours ago
- RT @ccawire: Henry Ford bought Wilbur and Orville Wright's cycle shop and moved it to Greenfield Village, Michigan. cca.qc.ca/en/collection/… 1 day ago
- RT @joancollinsobe: Really enjoyed #Star Trek thoroughly entertaining and great special effects 3 days ago
- RT @jbenedictbrown: @timabrahams @bldgblog We have one in Norfolk too: binged.it/16qZq3W 6 days ago