- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- RT @joancollinsobe: Really enjoyed #Star Trek thoroughly entertaining and great special effects 1 day ago
- RT @jbenedictbrown: @timabrahams @bldgblog We have one in Norfolk too: binged.it/16qZq3W 3 days ago
- The site of a mock-up Afghan village created by the US military via @bldgblog maps.google.com/maps?q=35.3494… 4 days ago
- Open Call for the British Pavilion at the 14th Venice Architecture Biennale backoftheenvelope.britishcouncil.org/2013/may/17/op… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: Yianna Souleles
As we have previously discussed, the Olympic Torch Relay was founded by the Nazi party in the 1936 to communicate an idea of racial hegemony . We have also seen that the Torch itself slowly became a means of showing … Continue reading