- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- RT @David_TBC: A highly entertaining 'dummies' guide' to English football from the New York Times ... nytimes.com/2013/05/21/spo… 23 hours ago
- RT @ccawire: Henry Ford bought Wilbur and Orville Wright's cycle shop and moved it to Greenfield Village, Michigan. cca.qc.ca/en/collection/… 1 day ago
- RT @joancollinsobe: Really enjoyed #Star Trek thoroughly entertaining and great special effects 3 days ago
- RT @jbenedictbrown: @timabrahams @bldgblog We have one in Norfolk too: binged.it/16qZq3W 6 days ago
Tag Archives: trafalgar square
In one of Arup’s London offices is an array of speakers designed to help architects and acoustic engineers hear how the designs of their spaces will sound when complete. It’s called an ambisonic array. Virtual sound models for proposed concert … Continue reading