- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- RT @jbenedictbrown: @timabrahams @bldgblog We have one in Norfolk too: binged.it/16qZq3W 18 hours ago
- The site of a mock-up Afghan village created by the US military via @bldgblog maps.google.com/maps?q=35.3494… 23 hours ago
- Open Call for the British Pavilion at the 14th Venice Architecture Biennale backoftheenvelope.britishcouncil.org/2013/may/17/op… 1 day ago
- RT @scotbrut: #Brutalist reinterpretation of a market square in timber-shuttered concrete: scotbrut.co.uk/archive/shoppi… http://t.co/mBCLIU8f5G 1 day ago
Tag Archives: torch relay
As the organisers of the London Olympics propose ever more stupid stunts that the Olympic Torch must perform during the Olympic torch relay – zip-wire over the Tyne, abseiled down a tower in Grimbsy, taken in a steamer across Lake Windemere, … Continue reading
As we have previously discussed, the Olympic Torch Relay was founded by the Nazi party in the 1936 to communicate an idea of racial hegemony . We have also seen that the Torch itself slowly became a means of showing … Continue reading