- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- A new dawn for communications? Several key aerial infrastructure projects in a wee infographic from @AFP http://t.co/61WvFWtagS 11 hours ago
- RT @alisonkilling: WE'RE LIVE! Death in Venice - exhibition about death and modern arch - is on Kickstarter ow.ly/vNPON PLS RT 11 hours ago
- Everton manager Roberto Martinez speaking at the Hillsborough Memorial. grabyo.com/g/v/olMbV7fBaJt 15 hours ago
- Dubai - it's so unsustainable,. it's so car focused it's so…. oh thenational.ae/uae/transport/… 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: orbit
This short film essay looks at how man has built and talked about elemental architecture forms since the Tower of Babel. It takes the viewer inside the ArcelorMittal Orbit for the first time as well as placing it in historical … Continue reading
I want to say something about the history of the relationship between towers and the Olympic Games, leading to a few comments on the outpourings of disgust around the ArcelorMittal Orbit. It is often forgotten that this began with the … Continue reading