- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- RT @AlManakh: a compelling, if unintentional, stage #Brasilia bbc.co.uk/news/world-lat… via @Portal9Journal 15 minutes ago
- RT @ThatDaveBowden: Rarely even think like this, but these licence fee excuses make me bloody proud to be British bbc.co.uk/news/uk-229471… 21 minutes ago
- ... Took ages. Boring. Nothing at the end. So before the anti-Chinese lot and the enivironmentalists pile in, I'd like to say #buildthecanal 21 hours ago
- #PT I once sailed down the Escondido, before they built a proper road and it was the only way to get to E. Nicaragua. Miles of scrubland... 21 hours ago
Tag Archives: kevan gosper
As the organisers of the London Olympics propose ever more stupid stunts that the Olympic Torch must perform during the Olympic torch relay – zip-wire over the Tyne, abseiled down a tower in Grimbsy, taken in a steamer across Lake Windemere, … Continue reading
As we have previously discussed, the Olympic Torch Relay was founded by the Nazi party in the 1936 to communicate an idea of racial hegemony . We have also seen that the Torch itself slowly became a means of showing … Continue reading