- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- RT @ccawire: Henry Ford bought Wilbur and Orville Wright's cycle shop and moved it to Greenfield Village, Michigan. cca.qc.ca/en/collection/… 8 hours ago
- RT @joancollinsobe: Really enjoyed #Star Trek thoroughly entertaining and great special effects 2 days ago
- RT @jbenedictbrown: @timabrahams @bldgblog We have one in Norfolk too: binged.it/16qZq3W 5 days ago
- The site of a mock-up Afghan village created by the US military via @bldgblog maps.google.com/maps?q=35.3494… 5 days ago
Tag Archives: jimmy carter
I read White Noise recently and noticed by chance that Picador have bizarrely just published a 40th anniversary edition of Don DeLillo’s book, although it was first published in 1985. Perhaps it is the accumulated prescience of the book that … Continue reading