- A powerful, eloquently-argued essay by Tim Abrahams. that takes apart the Stadium for London 2012 piece by piece, providing fascinating insight into the process by which this strange structure was designed and built. Drawings by the excellent illustrator and architect Nigel Peake.
- RT @joancollinsobe: Really enjoyed #Star Trek thoroughly entertaining and great special effects 2 days ago
- RT @jbenedictbrown: @timabrahams @bldgblog We have one in Norfolk too: binged.it/16qZq3W 4 days ago
- The site of a mock-up Afghan village created by the US military via @bldgblog maps.google.com/maps?q=35.3494… 4 days ago
- Open Call for the British Pavilion at the 14th Venice Architecture Biennale backoftheenvelope.britishcouncil.org/2013/may/17/op… 4 days ago
Category Archives: Pageantry
As the organisers of the London Olympics propose ever more stupid stunts that the Olympic Torch must perform during the Olympic torch relay – zip-wire over the Tyne, abseiled down a tower in Grimbsy, taken in a steamer across Lake Windemere, … Continue reading